Friday, March 1, 2013

Butterflies!



    This card is so simple yet so beautiful!   A few weeks ago I came across the most gorgeous simple looking card and knew I had to make it.  I ordered the butterfly punch from the spring catalog JUST to make this card.  The bad part is I saw the card but before I could save it the phone rang and when I came back my daughter was playing ABC mouse on my laptop so it never got saved. Not even a screen shot.  I remembered the card and have googled stampin up butterfly, stampin up butterflies, everything for the last few days and can not find it. Which makes me think it was on SC or something and I will have to check out the gallery further. It also showed me about 50 more cards I need to use the butterfly punches and dies on! 

     My card does not compare to the one I saw. She had beautiful stitching around the edges but I did not want to drag out my sewing machine. I also know that hers had monochromatic butterflies but couldn't remember if they went light to dark or dark to light. 
UPDATE:  I found the card! Apparently I pinned it to my pinterest board when I found it! So here is the link to the card


There were a couple more of these but I already mailed them off. Love the simple look of the white layer on the white and the butterflies. The stitching would have added to it but I am happy with how they turned out. I WILL be making many more of these! 


2 comments:

  1. These are super cute cards! I love the clean and simple look. What colors did you use for the butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well..... lol. I have not been a demo long so they are not SU papers. I did not have enough in monochromatic colors of SU to use:(

      Delete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace