Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Workspace Wednesday and new Weekly Deals.

Last week I showed you my wine cart turned big shot station. This week I will show you my project life storage. 

For my birthday this year, I received an awesome library card catalog. I have always wanted one of these and never really had anything planned for it but just wanted it. Well when I saw it for sale, I knew exactly what I would do with it! It is PERFECT for project life. Well, maybe not completely perfect but I am happy with it. 

I showed the card catalog on here when I first got it with how some of the cards fit in this post. But it was still sitting in my living room while my scrapbook room was being remodeled. 


My room was still not completed when they took this down to the basement for me so excuse the un-sanded drywall and things.  

If you saw the original post you know it had more drawers than this picture. That's because it was in 2 halves. I guess it was more like 4. The two sections of drawers, the pull outs then the top piece were all different pieces. Thank God they were, or it would have been too heavy even for my strong boys to get downstairs! 

I have the bottom section, the pull outs and the top as one piece and I need to make new labels for the drawers but they hold my project life kits. Or most of them anyway. 

You can see they little bars that run through that would have held all the card catalog cards in the drawers so they could not be removed have been taken out and the silver push bars are still there and slide so I can adjust them to how ever big of a card stash I have in that drawer. The small cards fit great and I just put the 4x6 ones in the back of the drawer. I can pull out just the drawer I want to use of flip through any of them every easily. 





These pull outs make great additional workspace when I am working on my pages. 



This is the other half. I have it sitting on the ledge in my basement on the other wall by my desk. The drawers hold more PL cards and stamps I just need to label them. And my punches fit on top.  The boards under neath were to give it a little height so when pulling out the bottom drawers they would not hit my desk. Those are temporary and will cut to fit soon. The shelf above the card catalog with the boxes on it is part of a hutch that belongs on my desk. I will get to that next week. 



Now for this weeks Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals! 

For those of you who love Project Life, there are wooden elements and some digital downloads that work great for December Daily projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace