Friday, November 14, 2014

Altered Legal pads/journals

So I have not been able to make ANYTHING in almost a month.  It has been really bothering me too, I had to cancel card classes I had planned, and I was unable to attend craft shows for this month because of being in a horrible car accident last month. It has left me unable to get around very well and since all my craft things are in my room downstairs, I have been very bored! The one thing it has done is give me many hours to sit and browse online. So my to do list of projects is even longer than ever.  I  had some classes last month and people that won prizes so I HAD to get them done somehow. My kids had to take their phones to my room and use facetime to look around as my eyes and gather things to bring up for me. After probably 2 dozen trips back and forth to find things, I think they are ready to kill me, but I did get a few altered journals/legal pads made today!!!

This blog had a very cute card and I wanted to play with those framelits since they came out so I thought it would be perfect for these journals!


I ended up making 3 of these with this design. You can see the twine bows are not all on at the time of the photo. I also don't have the matching pens made yet because no matter how good of directions I gave, the kids were unable to find them. I just bought 6 packs of RSVP pens at the beginning of last month so I know they are there but I guess when my son goes to the store he will have to get more since they can't seem to find them.  You can get all the supplies to create this project below. 

**The red star dsp going up the side of the front is a retired paper**


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hindrances! I am in the same boat this Christmas and I admire your "pluckiness" ((an old word form an older lady). Really like your idea and I have that paper....so maybe I can make a few up. Just gotta get hubby to find the stuff...wishing you speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Sorry I just saw this comment. I hope you were able to get yours made. I am getting a little better day by day. Not sure if I will ever be completely 100% again but I am just happy to be here!

      Delete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace