Sunday, July 28, 2013

5 minutes to Fabulous Cards!

Tomorrow is my 5 minutes to fabulous card class. I want people to realize that they do not need a lot of time in order to make a beautiful handmade card that they can give. The 4 cards for tomorrows class can all be made in under 5 minutes. (well one did take me 6 1/2 but I re-tied the ribbon 3 times)



Two of tomorrow's cards will use the new Wildflower Meadow background stamp. It is super simple to get a quick gorgeous card from just inking this background stamp and using it as it is. I used crisp cantaloupe ink, and just added a little ribbon and some dazzling details to the card for some sparkle. 

 Using the exact same stamp you can do so many different things.  For this card all I did was ink the one flower using raspberry ripple and gumball green markers.  I stamped the sentiment that came with the first months My paper pumpkin kit and I was done! You can still get this sentiment if you join MPP now because it comes in every welcome kit! Loved this card, so just had to include it in my 5 minutes to Fab class.



The next two cards use the Flower Shop stamp set and punch. This set has 6 different flower images and they are really cute. You can order the bundle with the stamp set and punch and get 15% off! 

I stamped the flower onto whisper white using black staz-on ink randomly over the bottom two thirds of my paper, then stamped the sentiment from the Trust God stamp set on the top, tied my daffodil delight ribbon around it, layered it on basic black then on my card front, added punched daffodil delight blossoms and rhinestones and was done! 

The above card was cased from StampLadyKatie, I tend to case a lot of cards just because I only get to stamp about 4 days a month so I browse many card designs online and use the little time I get making cards instead of trying to re-invent the wheel. There are many talented people out there that are gracious enough to post and share their beautiful artwork and I thank them very much!

The following card is so simple I think it took less than 2 minutes total. But it is still very stunning in it's simplicity. A 1 inch wide strip of gingham garden paper, a stamped and punch island indigo flower, a small flower punch, pearl, my sentiment and it was done. The card I cased from here used the new gingham wheel which would make it easy to do in any color but I did not have that and loved this paper so it worked out well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace