Friday, May 1, 2015

Perfect Peacock Gift Set

My daughter told me her teacher this year likes peacocks.  So when she was flipping through my stamp catalog a few months ago and saw the perfect peacock stamp set, she said we needed to get it and make something for her teacher.   I wanted to make an altered journal with it and stamped and colored the images a couple months ago but that was all the further I got with it. I just couldn't find the right paper to use. While shopping at walmart for some tulle to make an american girl doll tutu,  (pics of that tomorrow) I saw this roll of peacock ribbon by offray! I had to get it. Wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it, but knew I needed that ribbon.  It turned out to be perfect for this set!

The normal box in a bags usually hold small 3x3 cards or notecard sets. I wanted a bag that would not only be large enough to hold a full size set of cards, but I also wanted to put the journal in it. I ended up making it big enough to add the stamp set also, but forgot to include the candy I wanted to put in :(

The little tag hanging on the front was cased from Chiaki Haverstick on her satchel bags. 







I do not have a step by step picture tutorial ready yet but it is pretty simple. 

Cut a piece of cardstock (bottom of your bag) 7 1/2 x 5
score each side at 1/2 and cut one side of the tab, fold in and glue. 

The dsp or cardstock for the sides of your bag are 6x12. You will need two this size. Place your sticky strip or other tape along one edge of the bottom and place around the bottom of your box starting in the middle on one small side. 

Decorate as you wish. It is easier to add the bottom border before attaching to the bottom of the box. 

Looking back, I think I would have added something along the top edge also.   The handles are almost 2 inches wide. Since this was ribbon they went on very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace