Thursday, December 26, 2013

Santa and his Elves.

Well Christmas is over and I did not get all the projects I wanted to make completed. (do we ever?) But I did manage to get 25 little christmas bags made for my daughters school party and was able to make the little snowman tea light candles as ornaments with her class as their craft at their party so it was not a total loss.

There are always so many things I want to get done over the holiday season between thanksgiving and christmas. One year I would like to be able to get everything checked off my list. Just once! This year I didn't even get my Christmas cards sent out so that seems like a major fail for me. I made them. Not 100+ like I wanted but I did make over 30 to send out to family and friends. I had them all signed and in the envelopes and I brought them upstairs to mail but had to do something in the kitchen and was afraid they would get something spilled on them so I put them up. Do you think I have been able to find them? NO!  It is now Dec 26th, Christmas is over and I still have not found those darn cards! Oh well maybe I will still mail them when I find them. Or at least I will have a jumpstart on next year.



Here are the cute little bags I made for the goody bags for her class! Aren't they cute! Obviously these have been all over pinterest and other blogs so I can not take credit for the idea.  The one picture I think I used for inspiration came from this blog and was from 2009!



The box in a bag instructions are from splitcoaststampers tutorials section and I used real red and lucky limeade as my primary colors for my bag.  Some silver glimmer paper and black ribbon made adorable belts. Since I didn't start with Stampin' Up! until last year the round tab punch that I wanted to use was already retired and I just didn't like any of the other ones for the bag closure.  I have a cameo and thought I would just cut them out but I kind of had to make my own pattern and size it but I think in the end it worked out wonderfully and all the little kids LOVED them! It was well worth the time it took to make them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace